Friday, February 03, 2012

Recipe: Super Awesome Super Bowl Guacamole

This isn't your ordinary guacamole, although I see nothing wrong with that. The avocado is one of God's most awesome fruit creations, in my humble opinion. (Yes, it is a fruit. It has a pit.)

This guacamole is ever so slightly...kicked up.




Ingredients:

4 Ripe Haas Avocados
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves fresh garlic
2 roma tomatoes, diced ****don't forget the sugar instead of salt trick!****
1 can chilis in adobo sauce, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
Juice from 1 lemon


Directions:

Cut open the avocados. Pop that little pit out with a knife. Be EXTRA careful. Be sure you hold the avocado in a pot holder or something while you do this, and please hit the pit, not your hand! Many trips to the ER have begun this way, I'm sure. Put all of the avocado into a big bowl for mixing. I go ahead and add the lemon juice now, to avoid any browning. Mix in tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapenos, and the adobo sauce from the can. You can chop the chilis and add them, too. (They are usually pretty spicy, so I would only add them if you really like the heat.) The adobo sauce adds this wonderful smoky flavor. I just love it! You can add less or more, just use your judgement.  Season and serve with your favorite chips! I love blue corn chips with guac. So good. Enjoy. :-)


As you can see, it was so good I couldn't even take a picture before my husband got to it! Can you believe before me he hated avocados? The insanity.

1 comment:

  1. Daniel and I are going to have to try this one out. Looks real good

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...