Monday, February 20, 2012

Recipe: Extremely Easy Crockpot Roast Beef

You've probably already seen a hundred different recipes very similar to this. I'm fairly certain the repetition is because it's just so darn tasty! I do a couple of different things with mine. You be the judge!


1 4-5lb roast (your choice of meat. I always use a chuck roast because it's inexpensive and a little bit fatty.)
3-4 carrots, roughly sliced in 2 inch pieces
3 russet potatoes, peeled and roughly diced in large pieces
6-7 cloves of garlic
1 can of your favorite beer
SPG (Salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste)
1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped


I add the veggies (carrots, potatoes, and onion) to the crockpot first. I like to add the meat on top so the juices get all involved with the veggies. It's delicious.



 Some people like to brown the roast in a saute pan before they add it to the crockpot. I certainly have in the past, but for lack of time, I decided not to the last time I made it. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't really tell a difference. I make sure to season the roast liberally, because that's really the only seasoning the whole dish is getting.



I puncture about 6-7 holes in the roast and hide little garlic cloves inside. When it's done, this will turn into this amazing roasted garlic spread that you can rub on the meaty bites. OMGoodness...talk about good.


Top with a can of beer (you could certainly use beef broth if you didn't want to use alcohol)...and let sit for 6-8 hours on low. Low and slow is key here. The meat just about falls apart on your fork and the veggies and sauce are so flavorful. This is one of my absolute favorite meals, and certainly one of the easiest to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...