Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yummy Super Healthy Lunch Salad

I really impressed myself with my lunch today! We've been eating through a lot of the casserole dishes that I made over the weekend, so I was ready for something light and refreshing!

Completely by accident I made the best lemon vinaigrette EVER.  I was out of my usual balsamic vinaigrette that I make, and completely out of balsamic vinegar. I did, however, have a bunch of lemons! I've always got lemons hanging around, just because they smell nice and look pretty on the table.

So, I used one of those Good Seasonings bottles. They sell them in the store, and I have no idea what the measurements are. Go buy one, they are cheap and will save you tons because you can start making your own dressings. I used one large lemon, and filled up the rest of the "V" line with apple cider vinegar. Then you add a touch of water, and fill it up to the "O" with olive oil. I also added a teaspoon of sugar and some italian seasoning. It is so light, and SO delicious.

So, to my salad today I added one half of an avocado, a tomato, and some homemade croutons that I made out of leftover garlic bread. You could even add red beans, or a hard boiled egg, even bacon. Whatever floats your boat!

Homemade croutons: Diced leftover garlic bread toasted in a non-stick pan for about five minutes.

Soooooooo good.

*****Tip of the day: Sprinkle sugar on your tomatoes instead of salt. This will take your average Wal-Mart tomato and make it taste like it's fresh from the Farmer's Market!*****


Lunch is served. Bon Apetit! 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds SOOO good! I'm going to make it and use your trick for the tomatoes!! I LOVE your blog and all of your awesome recipes! So fun! I'm following you now so I can keep up with you. By the way, your Dad gave my your website info. Cheers to you girl!
    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...