Monday, January 16, 2012

Freezer Recipes: Marinades

Marinating your meats not only makes for really simple prep on cooking day, but you can thaw them in the refrigerator the day you serve them and throw them on the grill or in your pan, and most of the work is already done.



I used a couple of easy, easy go to marinade recipes:


Teriyaki Sauce:


1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 Tbsp Kikkoman Low Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
1 tsp red chili flakes (you can add more if you like the heat)

Mix all together, and you can use on chicken, beef, pork, even tofu! Delicious! I also use this base for San Francisco Pork Chops, sauteed green beans....very simple and very good.


I also made a marinade for steaks. I really was getting near the end of my cooking day, and this was just all I felt like doing for the beef. Turned out pretty good, though!


1 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp garlic
1 tsp chili powder


Done...and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...