Friday, March 09, 2012

Recipe: Mini Rye Pizzas

At my husband's request...I'm blogging about these "little pizzas" as they are referred to around my house. My MIL has always made these for her FOUR, yes four strapping boys every Christmas. My husband and I always thought she invented the recipe until I found some similar online. Although, I think her version is better than any I've found online!



These are so simple, so fattening, and so worth the calories! That's probably why they only get made once a year. :)


1 loaf of mini rye bread, usually found in the deli section
1 lb hot Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 cup, possibly more to taste, Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 lb brick of your favorite meltable cheese, cubed



Saute the sausage in a pan until completely cooked. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Top each little piece of rye bread and put it under the broiler until top is slightly browned and cheese is bubbly. Serve or freeze immediately. These are truly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...