Monday, October 17, 2011

Easy Lamp Project for the Baby Girl

If I could find a way to read blogs all day and get paid for it, you'd better believe I'd be doing it! My most recent obsession is decorating on the cheap. I got a wild hair this weekend and decided to start some projects. I have hundreds of projects I've started, I should take a whole week and focus on finishing them all!

This one, I did finish. Well, sort of. I decided to recover a lampshade in my little Princess's nursery. I started off with a pink and brown polka dot theme, it somehow evolved into green and pink paisley, and now I'm going an entirely different direction when we move. I'm not yet sure exactly what I want to do, but it's going to involve the colors in this new lampshade. This project was extraordinarily easy!

All I needed was:


  • a hot glue gun
  • fabric glue (although I was out, and decoupage glue worked fine)
  • 1/2 yard fabric of your choice
  • about 2 1/2 feet ribbon of your choice
  • lampshade (not pleated)
I just measured the fabric out to go around the lampshade, and then applied glue to the lampshade in sections. I basically rolled it onto the fabric like a burrito, painting glue as I went along.  


Once I finished that step, I took hot glue and glued right along the seam of the shade. I also did the very tip top of the lampshade and just folded the fabric over. It looked just fine. I cut off any extra pieces, and just folded the edges so it looked clean.

Then I added the ribbon along the top and bottom in the same fashion as the fabric, using the hot glue instead of the decoupage glue.


   Very simple project! I spent $0 (I had everything already), but I wouldn't have spent much even if I didn't have it in my inventory. I still need to paint the lamp itself, but a very simple project that made a big difference!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...