Monday, January 07, 2013

Spicy Tuna Pita



I made up the YUMMIEST tuna sandwich I think I've ever made for lunch today. It really started with the idea of doing an open-faced tuna sandwich. I skipped the mayo entirely, so I could have my yummy pita bread. :) I added lots of flavor with the delicious hot cherry peppers found in the deli section. If you haven't tried these yet...go buy them right now. I add them to almost everything, and they add so much flavor! Not to mention, at 5 calories a serving you'll hardly notice it in your calorie intake.

This recipe is so easy! I can't stress just how easy it was to put together! It was also very filling. You can thank the pita bread and hummus for that. :) 

Spicy Tuna Pita

-1/2 can (about 2.5 oz) of albacore tuna in water
-1 tbsp mustard of your choice
-1 Tbsp hot cherry peppers
-2 Tbsp roasted red pepper hummus
-1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
-3-4 kalamata olives, diced
-1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
-1 soft pita (white or wheat)
-more hot cherry peppers for topping (optional)

In a bowl, I mixed the tuna, mustard and hot cherry peppers. Trust me, you won't miss the mayo! Spread the tuna mixture on top of a pita. Crumble goat cheese over tuna, and broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt. It won't take long, so keep an eye on it. 

Top with diced olives, tomatoes, hummus and cherry peppers. Delicious!!

Calories: 471, Fat: 17grams, Carbs: 43 grams, Protein: 31 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...