Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Spicy Buffalo Black Bean Tostadas


It's true that necessity is the mother of invention. I found myself in need of lunch this afternoon. I also found myself with a nearly empty refrigerator, and a napping child....therefore a trip to the store just wasn't going to happen. (We all know it would have a been a trip to Chipotle, anyway.) So, a big thank you to my favorite kid for forcing me to look outside the box and come up with what turned out to be a very yummy, healthy lunch.

So what did I have on hand? Well, corn tortillas, black beans and red hot sauce. From that base, I expanded a little. Here's the recipe:

Spicy Buffalo Black Bean Tostadas


-2 corn tortillas
-cooking spray (about 1-2 seconds on each tortilla)
-sea salt
-1/2 avocado, mashed
-1/2 cup black beans
-1/2 cup romaine lettuce
-4-5 chopped cherry tomatoes


First I sprayed two corn tortillas with the cooking spray, and popped into a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes. They crisped up perfectly! I just found a recipe like this for tortilla chips on Pinterest, which is what made me try it like this. It really turned out great! 


Once you've got your tortillas all crispy, spread your avocado evenly over both. Top with black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and hot wing sauce. 

This was extremely simple and VERY filling!! I mean seriously, just look at all this food! (No, I did not eat an entire container of hummus. I had exactly 2 Tbsp left in the container). 



Nutritional Info: Calories: 370 Fat: 14 grams Carbs: 48 grams Protein: 13grams
(Information from myfitnesspal.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...