Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Low-Fat Version of CPK's Barbecue Chicken Pizza

One of my all time favorite treats is the Barbecue Chicken Pizza at California Pizza Kitchen. While certainly not the most fattening thing on their menu, it still weighs in with a whopping 30 grams of fat and 930 calories. I decided to try my hand at lightening up this bad boy!


I used a whole wheat, ultra thin pizza crust which saved the most calories. I also used a boneless, skinless chicken breast to save more calories. 

  • 1 pre-packaged, ultra thin, whole-wheat pizza crust
  • 1 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
  • 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
Turn on oven broiler. I like the oven extra hot for pizzas. The closer to a brick oven, the better! If you have a pizza stone, use it. If not, a regular pizza pan will work fine. To assemble the pizza, top crust with barbecue sauce, chicken breast, onion and cheese. Broil for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.  Top with cilantro.


My version. :) 
This version saves so many calories! 1/6 of the pie comes out to 221 calories, 3.5 grams of fat, 35.5 carbs, 1 gram of fiber, and 17.8 grams of protein. That's 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus to those of you counting. Pizza is always going to be a splurge, but compared to the numbers you see on the pizza from CPK, this one beats it any day! Not to mention it tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...