Monday, May 28, 2012

Thank You

I want to take a moment to remember those that have given their lives for this country, so that we may enjoy the freedoms that we so often take for granted.

In this country, we enjoy so many rights and freedoms that many people in other countries could be killed for.

Because these soldiers fought for my freedom....I can write this blog, I can protect my family, I have the right to privacy, I can go to school, I can vote for the leader of my country...my children will have the right and freedoms to succeed and flourish in ways not possible in other countries around the world.

Despite the constant battle in Washington between political parties, the rising cost of living, and all of the other things we complain about throughout the year (which we have the RIGHT and FREEDOM to speak and debate about, which in itself is amazing)...we live in the greatest country in the world.


Thank you to each and every soldier that has sacrificed their lives, sacrificed time away from their families, fought on the battlefields, the air or the sea, for every spouse and child that is torn away from that soldier for months, sometimes even years at a time and fears what each knock on the door may bring...THANK YOU. I am so proud and honored to know so many of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...